MV

MV

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Winter Has Arrived

We got the first winter storm of the season on Saturday.  I wouldn't care if it broke the record for the amount of snow accumulation, but it was pretty bad.  We were at a friend's place on Saturday night, totally caught off guard.  I tried to wait out the storm, got impatient, then drove my Honda Civic in a pile of snow. Luckily we had a bag of sand and a good shovel.

We saw 6 inches of snow near Worcester, and the heavy snow downed many trees which still had a lot of green leaf on them.

At home, we lost power for a few hours but many still do not have power.  The snow has started to melt already, and almost half of it is gone.  October snow never stays for long here.


I never miss a run due to weather.  If it is too hot or cold, I will run on my treadmill.  But I prefer running outside, and this winter storm was not going to stop me from my planned 10 mile run on Saturday.  The storm had not started when I left for the run on Saturday morning, but It was cold, near 30 degrees. Three layers, tights, gloves, wool socks, and a beanie was all that I needed.


Sudbruy schools are closed on Monday due to the Saturday snow storm. Kids could not be happier because Monday is Holloween. Maheen is all ready and excited for trick-or-treat fun. I always take her out for collecting candy, but this year she will be at a Halloween party at one of her class fellow's, and will trick-or-treat there with Zain and mom.  Since I am not invited, I will be at home missing the fun :(


There were no donations on the weekend for Boston Marathon Dana Farber Cancer Institute.  Please donate here and make my day special. Thank you so much for your support.  Please click here for donation:
http://www.rundfmc.org/2012/zubairk

No comments:

Post a Comment