MV

MV

Friday, October 28, 2011

How to Motivate Your Spouse

You could be in my league where the significant half hates regular exercise. Let me keep it simple to two things that you need to do, and the other two that you will never do to motivate her to work out.

1. Do the dishes, and laundry regularly
2. Help her find free time.  Take the kids out.

But do not
1. Tell her that she needs to work out, because you know the topic will change immediately to "Do you think that I am fat?", or she will abort immediately by saying "OK wise guy!!!".
2. Tell her that you are tired after the work out, especially when it matters

In my experience, you cannot talk your spouse into working out.  You just hope that one day she is going to have an enlightenment (hopefully not through a serious health condition).  Or she may never, so live with it.

The fund raising for Boston Marathon is going strong.  I have received $1400 in pledges and donations so far.  Today's honor roll includes Tariq Qureshi and Hassan Wahid.  Thank you so much guys.

Please keep donating as I have long ways to go:
http://www.rundfmc.org/2012/zubairk

We received our first snow of the season yesterday, but it melted away quickly.  I need investment in cold weather running clothes.

4 comments:

  1. So its flying,running, dishing and spinning! Nice blog Zubair. Keep those coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love to write. I just am not sure if anyone is going to read. You keep up the good work in Pakistan. Get those kids interested in science.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took the liberty to read it against your warning, and yep, it didn't help me much. I just need to throw an enlightenment to myself.

    Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ling, bring your running shorts to SB next time everyone is there :)

    ReplyDelete