MV

MV

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Boston Marathon Update

I am back in action after about one week of rest from an injury of the foot, probably caused by improperly designed running shoes.

I ran about 5 miles on a trail in Weston with Waqar, and 5 more on a treadmill the next day.  Trails are abundant in suburbs, but they need to be explored.

My training plan is up, and the formal training starts from December.  I will not increase the distance, but will increase the speed for long runs.  This will train me to run the Boston marathon faster than the MDI marathon. The goal is not lofty. Anything under 4 hours is acceptable.

So far I have $1820 in pledges and donations for the cancer research.  I thank my friends for supporting me in this cause. Special thanks to Mauzzam Ali, Chris Garrido, Farshad Ghazi, Charles De Cuir, Mark Paul, Macksood Aftab, and Zeeshan Nazir.  I need $2180 more to meet my fund raising goal.

Please click here for donation:
http://www.rundfmc.org/2012/zubairk

No comments:

Post a Comment