MV

MV

Friday, April 6, 2012

You have done it!

Its a very special day today.

I have reached the goal to raise $4000 towards cancer research. There were great doubts in my mind about my ability to convince people to give. I did not have to convince much... the cause was great, and my friends have big hearts.

The ticker towards $4000 started moving with Qasim, and ended with Scharukh. An extraordinary donation from Scharukh Jalisi moved the ticker past the finish line.

I will do my best to reach the Marathon finish line in Boston on April 16. I am ready for the race, and my goal is to finish in under 4 hours.

My training for Boston Marathon lasted eighteen weeks, during which I fought two bouts with Bronchitis, and ran countless hours outside in the dark in below freezing weather. I missed tens of training sessions during the Boston Marathon training. In comparison, I had missed only two training sessions for the MDI marathon training. But I am ready to beat my MDI marathon finish time.

The Boston Marathon is 26.2 miles long, starts in Hopkinton, passes through Ashland, Framingham, Natick, Wellesley, Newton, Brookline, and ends in Boston in Copley Square.



I will be in the third wave, will start at around 11 AM, and will reach the finish line at around 3 PM. I am expected to be in Ashland at about 11:30 AM, Framingham 12 PM, Natick 12:30 PM, Wellesley 1 PM, Newton 2 PM, and Brookline 2:30 PM. It will be hard to spot me, but look for Dana Farber T-shirts with some green on them.

The key to finishing in good time is weather. I prefer cloudy weather at around 50 degrees, and tail wind.

I would like to thank Haider Raza, Amir Qamar, Paul Dao, Jon Schau, Mike Sestina, Emily Cudmore, Pascal Cleve, Kashif Siddiqui, and JP Carney for their recent support to the cause.

To my firends who donated: You have done it! and I am proud to be your friend!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your marathon Zubair! And what a nice cause to raise money for. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete