MV

MV

Monday, December 26, 2011

Training Update

My foot injury is almost cured with rest, icing, and change of shoes. Took a couple of months.
I did not go to a doctor as it never got so bad as to require a serious look. It was just a nuisance, rather than debilitating.
I met some nice people at Marathon Sports in Wellesley.  They looked at my foot and recommended a wide sole shoe. They said that I have a low arch, and my foot was pushing against narrow shoe walls, causing pain on the side of the foot. The pain subsided after I started using the new shoes with wide soles, and lots of cushioning. I highly recommend Marathon Sports for your running shoes.
It was not only the narrow shoe to blame. Thick wool socks were taking up available space in the shoe. I switched to thin nylon socks to give more space to my foot when in strikes the ground and expands.

A couple of weeks of Bronchitis helped get me some needed rest from running. I missed first week of training, but that was an easy week. I ran a strong 12 miler last Saturday with little foot pain.

I would like to thank my friends for contributing to the Dana Farber Cancer Research, and to my Boston Marathon goal.  Amer Husain Syed, Nadeem Shakoor, Sam Merra, Imran Iqbal, Femina Ali, Ather Khawaja, and Bill Burk contributed. There were two anonymous donations from PAGB (Muhammad Mumtaz, and Nahdia Pirzada).  Total to date is $1250.

I have not received any donation since December 14 :(
Please help!! This is a link to the donation page:
http://www.rundfmc.org/2012/zubairk

No comments:

Post a Comment